The Modern SEO Landscape Explained
- Informational – This is when the user runs a search in the hope of discovering more about the topic, product, or service. It may be for academic research purposes or making calculated consumer decisions.
- Navigational – This is when the user runs a search to find the link to a specific brand or company. Perhaps they want to learn more about their company background directly or have seen an offline advert they want to pursue.
- Transactional – This is when the user runs a search specifically with the intent of purchasing a product in mind. They may be a hot lead or a cold lead, but their ultimate goal is always to complete a transaction.
What Does SEO Actually Do?
- Increase general brand awareness and visibility
- Generate leads to your offline store
- Generate leads to your eCommerce platform
- Increase the reputation and trust levels of the brand
- Improve the quality of traffic for reduced bounce rates
- Improve the cost-efficiency and marketing ROIs
- Gain a better online following, including on social media
- Gain an advantage on competitors with a better UX
Organic V Local SEOThere are many ways to categorize SEO, but one of the most obvious ways to segregate SEO is through organic and local SEO.
Local SEO is, as the name suggests, any strategy that is associated with a specific region. When a small business such as a beauty salon or any other service-based company wants to increase its online presence, it does not need to worry about visibility in other countries. Instead, the focus is solely on generating increase awareness in the local area as well as lead generation through visits to the store or calls to the business.
Organic SEO take a more generic approach and is commonly associated with more universal brands, whether this be through online sales or local stores in multiple locations. Unlike local SEO, which often targets hot leads courtesy of “near me” searches, organic SEO can often target the brand name, products, and services on offer. The tactics used to achieve this can be vastly different to local SEO, in spite of the fact the end goal is still to generate sales.
Mobile & Voice OptimizationAs well as appreciating the contrasts between organic and local SEO (they can be used in conjunction), it’s important to appreciate the tools used in the modern digital worlds. Right now, mobile and voice optimization are two that you need to know about.
Mobile optimization has been a key feature for several years, but is particularly significant in today’s climate as over half of all online interactions take place on handheld devices rather than browser. Meanwhile, voice searches have become increasingly popular in recent times and are set to become even more present over the next couple of years.
While both features are predominantly geared towards local SEO, they can still have a big impact on organic SEO. Their results can be felt across all SEO industries too.
What Industries Need SEO The Most?
Restaurant SEORestaurants and other food establishments enjoy a unique relationship with their customers. Unlike most businesses, that require an average of seven interactions to guide new leads to conversions, restaurants gain the majority of their trade from passersby and people that are actively in the mood to eat either immediately or later that day. Essentially, people don’t search for “Italian restaurants [city]” unless they are a hot lead. As such, the role of restaurant SEO is huge.
In most cases, restaurant SEO relies heavily on local SEO strategies including;
- Targeted geographic keywords,
- Local directory listing,
- Customer reviews,
- Google My Business listings,
- And more.
While it doesn’t remove the need for the need to master social media and the other digital marketing strategies that boost the overall presence, the need for restaurant SEO could not be greater. Most consumers will only look at the first few restaurants listed as they won’t want to travel out of town or visit a restaurant that isn’t up to the desired standards. Their natural response is to associate the top-ranked restaurants on SEO with high-quality and a suitable location.
Restaurant SEO requires a distinct approach. Without it, the hopes of landing new customers other than those naturally passing by becomes very small.
Law Firm SEOLaw firms and attorneys are perhaps under tighter regulations than any other type of business, and this is reflected in their SEO requirements too. When the law firm SEO elements aren’t quite right, it can lead to serious consequences for the Google ranking. In some cases, it can lead to penalties and becoming unindexed by Google. This is done simply because the search engines want to give their users the best UX available. Sending them to websites of unverified company’s is not in their interest.
Therefore, law firm SEO strategies need to focus on authority to gain visibility. Simply focusing keywords, organic or local, won’t suffice. Law firm SEO should set out to do several things, including;
- Set out the target keywords, such as “personal injury law firm [city]”,
- Optimize the home page,
- Master the metadata including title tags and meta descriptions,
- Verify the mobile optimization,
- Improve webpage loading times,
- Optimize profiles on Super Lawyers and related sites,
- Include details on certifications and guild memberships,
- Improve local SEO through Google My Business,
- Gain client testimonials and press coverage.
Dental SEODentists are another type of local business that will secure a lot of new business on the back of effective search engine optimization. Dental SEO is likely to focus on local searches, but prospective clients are usually in a phase of research unless they are searching for “emergency dentists near me”, in which case they are ready to take action right away.
Effective dental SEO should focus on keyword placement and visibility because only 1 in 4 users will navigate to page two of the SERPS. Dental SEO should also set out to;
- Provide clarity as to the services and special treatments on offer,
- Offer clarity regarding the location of the offices,
- Show that the company is a reliable and trustworthy services,
- Encourage the prospective client to follow up their interest,
- Bring increased calls to the office.
Web structure is a key facet in which all on-site elements need to be controled. Likewise, steps that prove your authority and encourage the Google algorithm to deem your site relevant for the user will have a positive impact.
Small business SEOSuccessful digital marketing is an essential feature for all modern startups. Irrespective of whether they need to target local or universal audiences, small business SEO is the best opportunity for new companies to reap quantifiable rewards in the quickest time
Small business SEO is commonly accepted to support companies in many different ways, including but not limited to;
- Generate the best ROIs, making the marketing budget work harder,
- Secure a boost in reputation that actually turns leads into sales,
- Reach the target audience for maximum conversion rates,
- Offer clear progress within a matter of weeks,
- Bring sustainable results that support the business for years.
The exact methods and strategies used will vary massively depending on the sector. Nonetheless, one way or another, the small business SEO schemes are sure to have a huge impact on the digital marketing strategies.
What Does Effective SEO Include?
Google ranks business pages on over 200 metrics, but the most important include;
- Keywords, and their relation to user intentions,
- Authoritative content including web pages, videos, and infographics,
- NAP data and contact details,
- Google My Business listing and external directory listings,
- Verified customer reviews on GMB and other platforms,
- Backlinks, both inbound and external,
- Mobile optimization and webpage load times,
- Voice search and relevance for “near me” searches.
RecapSEO is the heartbeat of any modern digital marketing strategy, holding a huge influence on how websites are ranked by popular search engines. Any site that wants to gain increased online traffic or guide more consumers to local physical stores can use SEO strategies to their advantage.
Who Needs SEO?All modern businesses, including small local ventures that do not facilitate online transactions, need SEO. However, companies from sectors that are shown to see minimal benefits from other traditional marketing campaigns or other strategies are huge beneficiaries of advanced SEO. Likewise, businesses that work in sectors where consumers frequently turn to Google for information, navigation, and transactions should make SEO a priority.
Don’t Lose Sight Of The GoalsAny small business hoping to embrace the full benefits of SEO services must first take the time to know their objectives. This will ultimately link back to the idea of increased conversions. Nonetheless, thinking about the methods and pathways used will have a telling impact on guiding the venture to success, regardless of whether it’s a DIY or professional approach to the subsequent procedures.
Professional SEO From Atastic
Our team of dedicated professionals boast a wealth of specialized knowledge in the SEO industries that need it most while we can additionally provide an equally professional solution for businesses and web owners across all sectors. We are committed to getting to know everything about the business from objectives to budgets while also showcasing our in-depth insight into user intentions.
We use on-site content and webpages, along with backlinks and multimedia content to bring pages to life for the sake of the readers as well as the Google algorithms. Our goal is to give your business an edge over the competition, constructing the strongest platform to build upon. With fast delivery, great affordability, and proven sustainability, the future of your digital marketing has never looked better.
Take the first steps today!Whether your business is involved in the aforementioned industries that need SEO or not, Atastic can transform your online presence to unlock a wealth of rewarding features that ultimately send your hopes of sales through the roof.
To find out more or get the process started today, give our friendly agents a call.